Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Things You Never Say To a Spinster Pt.1

Old ladies at the temple are just the cutest.

I had just walked out of the dressing room, waiting for Corinne when a older sister walked up to me and said, "Are you waiting for you husband?" I laughed and thought, "Well, I guess you could say that..." I think I was dumbfounded.
It was around the same time when I was at the temple with my mom. A woman working there realized my mom and I had the same last name. Putting two and two together, I'd have thought she would quickly figure out it was a mother/daughter-thing going on. Quite the contraire. She said, "Is that woman your sister in law?" I gave her a puzzled look..."Her? That's my mom...." The woman left, only to pick up the conversation right where we left off a few minutes earlier. I could tell she was curious as to why I would be at the temple without a ring on my left hand. (As if that's the only reason deemed acceptable to be in the temple!) I went on to explain I had recently returned home from serving a mission. After a smile she said,"You hang in there...I didn't get married until I was 30!"
It's a good thing I don't get depressed easily.





No comments:

Post a Comment