Monday, April 14, 2014

Abort! Abort!

This has become one of our favorite phrases as we try, oh so very hard, to get out of a sticky situation we can see coming our way. For example, boy of whom you let off lightly... only to ask for his roommates number, is walking towards you on campus? Abort! Abort! 
Or maybe you go in for a hug from a guy you served with on your mission, only to admittedly enjoy it more than you thought you would...Abort! Abort! 
Either way, a situation of such stature never ends well. But it always does make for a good story...

The semester has come to an end, finals are actually over and you think about the crazy nights you spent up for hours working on your final projects (resulting in a haggard appearance). This may also mean you're cleaning out your cupboards and trying desperately not to spend any more money on blasted groceries. This may call for the desperate measure of having Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner. The. Entire. Box. (Stop it. Stop judging me right now). Alas, errands must still be run and last-minute items procured for final projects, even if you feel like rolling over in your grave. On this particular occasion, the item needed was gold spray paint.

So here I am, a woman on a mission, picking up way more things than I came to Walmart for in the first place, but life is good because I'm finally headed to the check out lane. Hold up. In the distance is Mr. Stallion. Remember him? Great. Abort! Abort! I duck into a nearby aisle, heaving a sigh of relief coupled with the comforting thought, "Here I will be safe." Or so I thought. Just then, he rounds the corner. ABORT! ABORT! It's too late. "Heeey!" But I suddenly feel a little bit better about myself because I'm not the one holding a loofah back scrubber. People use those? Boys use those? I laughed. We carried on a conversation about groceries, internships,  and summer plans. We say our goodbyes and he says, "This should happen more often."
This should happen more often?
Boy, I can show you exactly how you can make this happen more often.



1 comment:

  1. I love you Ass-tree Messer! Thanks for being more than a friend to Corinne!
    Mama Chiddy.

    ReplyDelete