Monday, April 28, 2014

Las Vegas Bachelors

Have you ever been walking with your mom and someone mistakes you for being sisters? Not too uncommon, right? If it hasn't happened to you, it's happened to someone you know. BUT how about getting hit on with your mom?
Never in my wildest dreams. 

I was in Las Vegas for my sister's volleyball tournament at UNLV. In between matches, my mom and I took a walk around campus. Being Saturday, campus was pretty dead...except for the few random creepers that kept her pushing me to the far end of the sidewalk to avoid contact. As a missionary, you get used to people like that. Heck, some may call them golden contacts ;) So when they say hi to you, I'm pre-wired to respond. Note to self: think twice. You're not in Rexburg anymore.
It was a prime example of when you can see someone coming your way and it's just destined to be interesting.
Enter Snoop Dogg's shady cousin
Complete with red paint on his cheek and fake blood staining the front of his shirt, he was truly one of Vegas's finest. After giving us the up-down look (please let me crawl under a rock) he says, "Mature ladies, Mmmm"
Mature ladies?
I really do not enjoy this interaction with you, Snoop Jr, but to be called a "mature lady" isn't exactly my first choice. Where is he learning his pick up lines? Bingo? Really.
The probability of us not being able to run away was low, considering if Snoop Jr. tried to waddle any faster than a penguin, his pants would be around his ankles. So there we have it folks, at a ripe, young age of 23, I now fall under the category of a "mature lady." Along with my mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment