Monday, May 12, 2014

The Moment I Said It

Remember this guy? Well, turns out he's a glutton for punishment, and he keeps coming back for more. Or maybe he just enjoys getting a front-row seat to my apocalyptic episodes of social embarrassment. Who's to say? Regardless of his reasoning, he's become the catalyst for the latest slew of comically tragic actions in days gone by, and last night was no exception. There he was, just sharing some fun facts about his love of newspapers and how he holds a subscription to the New York Times so he can do the crossword, when a four-lettered kamikaze flew out of my mouth before I had time to eliminate it's doom's day effect. That's right: I said the L-word............................................................................................................
I. WAS. MORTIFIED.
I'm STILL mortified. I turned SO red, and tried desperately to explain through my stuttering that I didn't mean it that way, but, oh gosh, there was no saving that blunder. Meanwhile, just to prove what a stud he is, he laughed good-naturedly and said,"This sounds like material for the blog." "Too soon!" I cried. "It's too soon to joke about!" Needless to say, at that moment, I would have been perfectly happy to allow the earth to swallow up my pathetic carcass, never to terrorize the world again.


No comments:

Post a Comment